Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We made it to Stuart, Florida





We left Daytona Beach at 0700 and this is the last morning that we will need to be up at 0545 and hit the road. Bob & Mike were champs for the early mornings and long days.


I want to thank all 4 of the guys that have been with me for a month getting Vita Bella home. Larry & John were real troopers, braving really cold mornings, delays and my getting familiar with the boat.


Bob & Mike were the guys that have kept me on track, and getting the boat to Florida.


We had a major problem with the pressure water pump today. I made calls and there is a replacement pump waiting for me at West Marine in Stuart, however there are 4 PDQ's here in the marina & Henry Clews on "Snow Dog" had a spare pump, and Bob is the hero by getting it installed and working. Yeah Bob! I will pick up the replacement tomorrow and get it to Henry.


Today we passed the Kennedy Space Center, and again it is Great to be an American!! We had lots of photo ops of the shy dolphins playing off the bow of the boat as we made our way South, but we were unable go get anything on film. we passed many Manatee Zones as well without seeing one.


Mike has left the boat and as we are rocking at the berth tonigth, I again want to thank Larry, John , Mike & Bob for their help in Bringing Vita Bella Home.


I look forward to having the odyssey continue with the arrival of Matt Martell, Joe & Wayne Weathers on Saturday. We are going to play between here and Key West.


More later


Ross

with Bob and the departed Mike

No comments: