Friday, November 23, 2007

"Black Friday" stay out of the stores, OK!


Friday 11/23/07 4:41 pm EST Temp 80 degrees.


The winds last night were from the East, and this 11 ton boat bounced like a cork in a dishpan. I was grateful that the winds let up about 1am. I poured a diet Pepsi into a short glass and the Pepsi had whitecaps!


Since the boat survived the "storm" ;-) & as I was listening to the radio, there was great discussion of all of the sales going on at the local malls and speciality stores. I have been wanting to get a printer to leave on the boat, and I got my giddy-up on and drove to Best Buy. Well, it would have taken 45 minutes to see if there was a really cheap one available, so I drove to Wal-Mart. I was able to buy a Lexmark printer, with a scanner for $25.00. It works well and I am now able to copy, scan and print. I will store it in it's original box, as I am sure it would not be working in 30 miles if it were not really well secured. I even got a haircut. I now know why I pay Ralph $20. a $9.00 haircut is really scary!


I am looking forward to picking Joe, Wayne & Matt up at 0710 tomorrow morning ( ;-( . I am not sure why I volunteered to drive 2 hours ( that means I get up at 4:45 am ) to pick them up! I have planned a short day for t0morrow, 44 miles, but we will be in West Palm Beach with many great restaurants and some fun stuff close to the marina.


Once we are all awake, they are flying the red eye & I am getting up a zero dark thirty to shag them, we will have a planning session tomorrow night.


I am sure that the posts of the following week will be filled with pictures that we will all regret, stories that may or may not be true and lots of good fellowship.


BTW, I am sitting at almost 5pm watching the Texas/ Texas A&M football game on ESPN in Hi Def. Pretty cool!


There are 3 other PDQ 34's here at this funky marina. It's really been a good learning experience for me to be able to lean on the owners for information. I really want to thank Henry & Nancy Clews for all of their help.


The picture I am posting tonight was taken by Henry on Tuesday, just before Mike left.


More from down the ICW.


Ross, on a much calmer evening.


No comments: